“There’s a treasure hidden in every moment. The joy of life is finding it!”
I once read that treasure hunting is addictive. The thrill of the hunt is real! And so…GEOCACHE!
Children across the world and across time have had dreams of treasure-hunting adventures (and this includes the inner-child that all lucky adults have within)!
In Episode 30 of Siren Soapbox, the sirens took on the challenge of discovering geocaching…then we took it one step further! The complete challenge:
- Find at least two geocaches, and
- Hide our own geocache, creating a Siren Soapbox Series of 6.
We also each hid a very special trackable in each of our caches (6 trackables in all):
To find all 6 coins, you’ll have to travel to three states and a territory. Search the Geocaching app for the Siren Soapbox Series.
Geocaching is an easy and super affordable way to bring a little adventure into your life. You can do it pretty much anywhere in the world, and it is family-friendly.
We challenge you to get out and explore! Go find a geocache and see what you can learn from the experience. I’m not sure what’s better…the treasure you find in the geocache or the treasure you find in the adventure!
How to get started:
- Visit the Geocaching website and download the app.
- Collect a baggie of trinkets and treasures to take with you. The idea is to take a treasure and leave a treasure, so you’ll want to have a selection of things to leave.
- Grab a pair of tweezers, gloves, a pen, and a cell phone.
- Explore, hunt, find, take pics, and have fun!
Here’s a peek at our adventures:
What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits!
Download the app and go on an treasure hunt! Post some pictures to let us know how it went!